Years ago, I remember having a snarky conversation with a friend about the upsurge in life coaches. “I’m sure glad I don’t have to hire a friend!” I sniped.
Ouch! It’s hard to have your own words come back to bite you. I’m now a huge believer in the power of coaching, not just because I am one but also because of the help I’ve received from coaches. When I found out one of my Next Step clients, Jill Hart, is also a business coach, I scheduled some calls for her to help me build Next Step. I was new to entrepreneurship, so she was a huge help to me. In the new year, my friend Trisha McDuffee is going to be my health coach as I tried to unpack some of the pounds I’ve packed on. Here’s a big cheer for an expert on a healthier life!
There is an abundance of information out there in books, videos and programs, so why would anyone invest in coaching? Although I understand I’m not the ultimate expert on speaking, there are three very powerful benefits to hiring a speaking coach:
- Deadlines and Accountability–It’s easy to access lots of instruction and information on speaking, but most of us struggle to self-start. For the majority of Next Step’s services, I break a big project into smaller parts, and you complete the project a little at a time with homework assignments. There’s something about knowing someone is waiting for your work that lights a fire to get it done!
- The “Tw0-Heads-Are-Better-Than-One” Phenomenon–When I give my clients feedback, they have an opportunity to give their messages or marketing pieces a trial run before delivering them to an audience. We can fill out ideas, identify gaps and get a feel for what connects before messaging becomes public.
- Gain Your Coach’s Experience–I’ve learned so much over the years from the women who surround me on the Proverbs 31 speaker team as well as from my own failures and victories. I have lots I love to share, and I learn so much from my clients too!
If you’d like to hear more from former clients about the coaching experience, hear are some places on our site to look:
- Testimonials on the right sidebar of our homepage.
- Watch a video of a few of our clients and read full descriptions of our services.
- Blog posts by clients here and here.
As you’re praying about the steps God has for you to grow your speaking ministry this year, would you consider coaching through Next Step Speaker Services? I would love to walk alongside you and invest in your calling! To schedule a free consultation call so I can hear more about your calling and to hear more about our services, simply fill out the Request Information form. I’ll contact you quickly to set up our call.