The number one question that we get as coaches is “How do I get the word out about my ministry?” Because we stand in your shoes as a speaker and an author, Melanie and I completely understand how hard it is! There are so many questions that we all have about marketing, and these are just a few:
- Where are the lines between self-promotion and marketing God’s message?
- What are the tools I need to get the word out?
- How can I start with nothing in the way of marketing and build? Is it all or nothing?
In 2010, Tracie Miles, a speaker and author with Proverbs 31 Ministries, wrote an excellent series of blog posts about marketing our messages, and sharing her posts are the best way to answer your question. She addresses our questions with insight and sensitivity as well as giving us invaluable practical applications. You’re going to love this series!
Here are my suggestions for using these blog posts to grow your marketing:
- As you read each post, write down a list of action items, steps you want to implement.
- When you’re finished with the posts, you’ll have a long list, but don’t let that discourage you! Pray and ask God to help you prioritize them.
- Just take the next step. Do one action item at a time as you feel ready. Building a speaking or writing ministry doesn’t happen overnight, but you’ll be growing all along.
Click on the links below to read each post, and let us know as you work through these steps. We care about you and your ministry!
To read more posts on Marketing Your Message, click here to visit our marketing blog category.