Ooooo goody! I have a treat for you today, and I’m feeling even perkier than usual!!!!
We have the honor of giving away a full scholarship to our annual She Speaks Conference! The very generous Cecil Murphey is providing the scholarship to this life-changing conference. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Murphey during the conference last year and it was a treat just to talk to him for a few minutes. His breakout session was my take-away from last year. I’ll be sure to post about it one day, because it was transformational for me. Please take a moment to visit his website at www.themanbehindthewords.com.
Cecil Murphey is committed to helping a new generation of communicators. His commitment, combined with his incredible generosity, will allow one of you to attend She Speaks this year!
Here’s what the scholarship includes:
- Registration for one person for the 2011 She Speaks conference. The value is $595 and includes two nights in the conference hotel (based on double occupancy), all conference meals, all conference materials, and internet service. It does not include round trip travel to the conference.
- The scholarship is non-transferable and cannot be traded for cash or exchanged for other conference options.
- You can add a private room, extra nights, or a pre-conference seminar to your registration but this will be at your own expense.
In order to win, all you have to do is help me prepare for my breakout session. (Sorry to mix “selfish” with Cecil’s generosity!) At She Speaks this year, I will be teaching a breakout session called “What Every Beginner Speaker Needs to Know”. To enter the contest, leave a comment on this post answering one of the following questions:
1. Leave a comment telling what you as a beginner speaker most need to know. What is your most pressing question?
2. Leave a comment telling what you, as a more seasoned speaker, wish you had known as a beginner. What is the best piece of advice that you would give to a beginner?
Comments left through Sunday, April 3rd at midnight will be entered, and the winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, April 5th. Tell everybody you know!
I hope while you’re visiting that you’ll take a look around our Next Step Speaker Services website. You’re always welcome here! If you like what you see on past blog posts, you can subscribe to receive these free speaker tips weekly.
I can’t wait to read your comments, and thanks for participating!!